Sunday, August 23, 2009

An Introduction to "The 6-Week Cure"

I was recently fortunate enough to be selected for a limited preview of the latest book by Drs. Michael and Mary Dan Eades, titled The 6-Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle: The Simple Plan to Flatten Your Belly Fast!

The book arrived a few days ago, and I eagerly dived right into it, finishing it late Friday night. The idea is simple: If you are middle aged and have a lot of visceral (internal abdominal) fat, you're in greater danger from this fat than just simply being overweight. The plan described in the book is presented as a safe, fast, and effective way to lose the abdominal fat. The plan is divided into three two-week periods, with a different eating philosophy for each of those weeks. 

While I was not asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement, I feel that it would be ungrateful to the authors to reveal the book's details in this blog. That is not my intention. Instead, my goal for this blog is simply to serve as a public journal of my experiences in following this 6-week plan. If you are familiar with any of the Eades' other works, you will probably guess that the plan is low carb. You would be correct. If you want details of this plan, I recommend that you order the book from Amazon.com or your favorite book seller. If you aren't familiar with their works (or maybe you aren't middle aged yet), you might want consider purchasing any of the Eades' books.


That said, I will reveal this much. The philosophy is that you need to de-fat (my term) your liver. Evidently if your liver is full of fat, you can't lose fat, regardless of what you try. Thus, the plan is specifically geared to get your liver de-fatted (again, my term) and primed to do its job. So basically, in week one you're limited to two small "meals," one "snack" and one large "real" meal. You may eat the real meal at any point during the day. I have chosen to break down my days this way:
  • 7:00: Small Meal
  • 11:00 Small Meal
  • 3:00 Snack
  • 6:00 Large Meal
On Sunday I reverse that and have a very large breakfast. Keep in mind that this is only for the first two weeks.


As I progress through the next six weeks, I plan to submit a daily brief describing my emotional state of the day. My intention is to detail each day's large meal, and a breakdown of that day's nutritional information. At the end of each week, I will offer a summary of the week, as well as my latest measurements (weight, chest, waist, hips, etc.). I had blood work done prior to beginning this plan, and will have it done again when I'm finished. I will include the results of those tests when available.

I'd love to get comments from others who were also accepted into this early test so we can compare experiences. I will try to field any questions I get as best I can, but can't promise I will be able to answer them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment