This trip, though planned, essentially destroyed Week 6 of The Cure. Not only did I abandon The Cure during my vacation, as you can see from the post title, I found a new diet. Unfortunately, the pounds went on and not off. The good news is that nine days later, most of the weight I put on has already come off, with the resumption of Week 6. My goal is to continue this week as Week 6 and then report my "final" weight and measurements early next week.
I also just received my blood lipid panel results back, which will be the focus of one of my next posts. The results are as expected, as is my physician's reaction.
For those of you who are interested, this is a sample of what I ate to gain those 5 pounds:
- Tutto Italia, Epcot - The best lasagna I've ever tasted, with samplings of two different gelati: Gianduja chocolate and zabaglione (don't ask).
- International Food & Wine Festival, Epcot - Pork Skewer from Brazil; Beef Skewer from Argentina; a chicken dish from China; Beef tenderloin and sweet potatoes from South Africa; and Chocolate-Milk Creme Brulee from France.
- Yak and Yeti, Animal Kingdom - Kung Pao Beef and rice
- Whispering Canyon, Wilderness Lodge - The Canyon Skillet, an all-you-can eat pile of spare rips, BBQ chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, corn bread, corn on the cob, beef brisket, and pulled pork. I followed that up with a S'More Cheesecake.
- Ohana, Polynesian Resort - The Ohana all-you-can-eat breakfast: eggs, bacon, Mickey waffles, sausage, fruit, muffins, and more.
- 1900 Park Fare, Grand Floridian - An all-you-can-eat buffet with just about anything you can imagine.
- Chef Mickey, Contemporary Resort - All-you-can-eat breakfast buffet.