Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 6

The first week is rapidly coming to an end. Like the past couple of days, I experienced no hunger today, forgot my afternoon snack, went out and played tennis for over an hour, and am just now getting ready to sit down to a late dinner with the family.

Tomorrow, as I mentioned earlier, is our scout troop's popcorn sale at Hunter's IGA in Wolfeboro, NH, from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. I've also set up a landing page on my web site for anyone to use. One of the coolest things they offer is a link that lets you send a donation of popcorn to our military troops serving abroad.

On my way home from playing tennis today, I passed the track at the local high school. Running around the track was a woman in a sweatsuit, and she had to be 300 pounds. She was barely moving. You have to admire the drive and determination, but it saddens me that people have bought into the myth that you have to exercise to lose weight, or that you have to eat fewer calories than you burn. It just doesn't work that way, at least not for most people. In fact, your body's first response to a lower caloric intake is to go, "AH! Starvation! Quick, shut down every non-essential movement!" You won't fidget as much. You'll feel very tired, and you simply won't want to move. Here is a post that describes the phenomenon much better than I can. If you're looking for a better authority, here's an older post from Dr. Mike Eades' blog where he discusses runners and their health.

Today's nutritional breakdown, according to FitDay.com, is as follows.




GramsCalories%-Cals
Calories
1,439
Fat
56.8
511
35
%
Saturated
30.4
273
19
%
Polyunsaturated
3.0
27
2
%
Monounsaturated
15.0
135
9
%
Carbohydrate
31.2
121
8
%
Dietary Fiber
3.5
Protein
204.1
827
57
%
Alcohol
0.0
0
0
%


As you can see, a much lower caloric load today, and I'm not really sure how that happened. Carbs are still where they belong, and protein is over 200g. I'm absolutely astounded at the amount of energy I have on so little food. It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment