Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 4

I didn't sleep very well last night, though I don't believe it was diet-related. I kept having the feeling that I had forgotten to do something important. After waking multiple times and struggling to go back to sleep, it finally occurred to me what was wrong. Tuesday nights are when we have our weekly scout troop meeting. We didn't meet last night because we're doing our Fall Popcorn sale this Saturday.

Each year, scouts all over the US sell popcorn to help fund their various activities, such as summer camp. Our troop has a lot of grand plans for the upcoming scouting year, including a doubling up summer camp in 2010, skiing and snowboarding this winter, and doing some night snowshoe hikes at a nearby ski area. They're going to need  a lot of money, and most of it comes from fund-raisers like this popcorn sale.

If you happen to be in Wolfeboro, NH on Saturday, August 29, please stop by Hunter's IGA downtown between 8:00 AM and 1:00 PM and help support Scouting in New Hampshire. If you aren't local but would still like to support scouting, you can now do it online here. It's going to be hard passing up all that popcorn - it's not part of the plan. Nor is their fantastic trail mix. However, I may buy a package or two of chili lime almonds and enjoy them during weeks 3 and 4.

Sorry for that off-topic digression. A peculiar thing happened this afternoon. I forgot my 3:00 snack. I wasn't hungry, and when I finally started to get hungry, it was 3:30. So I went into the kitchen, made my snack, and took it back to my desk.

Dinner was early tonight due to an activity at my oldest son's school. My wife took him to that event, and I took the other two to the local tennis court. Exercise isn't necessarily prescribed during the 6-week plan, and the way I play tennis probably can't be called exercise anyway. In any event, it felt good to be out. I really haven't left the house since Sunday.

Tonight's dinner was an 8oz ham steak, broiled, with half a cup of steamed green beans, drizzled with a tablespoon of olive oil, then sprinkled with coarse sea salt and black pepper. Oddly, that's all I wanted. As I mentioned above, I'm simply not hungry today at all. I didn't even bother with a dessert. I sort of had a Homer Simpson moment when he was in the steak eating contest and couldn't finish it. He said, "What has happened to me? There's still food and I don't want to eat it. Oh! I've become everything I've ever hated!" Well, maybe it wasn't that bad.

FitDay reports the following as my entire day's nutritional summary.

GramsCalories%-Cals
Calories
1,580
Fat
77.3
695
43
%
Saturated
31.8
286
18
%
Polyunsaturated
11.6
104
6
%
Monounsaturated
24.8
223
14
%
Carbohydrate
21.9
86
5
%
Dietary Fiber
2.0
Protein
203.2
823
51
%


So as you can see, I'm consuming fewer calories, but more importantly keeping my protein high and my carbs low.

No comments:

Post a Comment