Monday, September 7, 2009

Week 2 Report

First of all, let me say that I've decided to stop doing daily updates, and only make regular entries at the end of each week. I'll stop posting meals and nutritional information unless anyone finds them really useful.

Week 2 ended on Saturday, September 5. I took all of my measurements, plus added a new one that I'll track for the rest of the six-week period. I was delayed getting everything into the computer, which is why it's now Tuesday.




Start

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

*Weight and Body fat taken on a
Tanita Body Fat Monitor
immediately
upon waking.

Weight (lbs)*

216.4

211.0

208.0

Body Fat % *

32.0

31.4

31.0

Waist (inches)

46.5625

45.875

45.75

Hips (inches)

45.875

44.0

43.5

Chest (inches)

44.0

43.50

43.0

SAD (Standing)

12.0

12.0

11.875

SAD (lying down)

11.375

10.25

9.875

Neck (inches)

-

-

15.75


As you can see, I added "neck" to the list. I just happened to try on an old dress shirt Sunday that hadn't fit me in more than a year. It's a 15.5" neck, and I was actually able to button the top button. It's snug, but that is easily understood by my neck measurement. I expect to be able to wear it soon. Now I need to figure out what to do with all my nice Jos. A. Bank dress shirts with the 16.5" neck. I guess there are worse problems to have.

Sunday was technically the first day of week three, but I didn't eat much. I think I only recorded about 700 Calories.

Monday was the first real day with three full meals on the prescribed plan. One of the things that absolutely shocked me was how few Calories I actually ate. According to the plan, weeks three and four are supposed to increase Calories over weeks one and two. According to FitDay.com, I averaged approximately1800 Calories per day for weeks one and two. On Monday I ate like there was no tomorrow, but without stuffing myself. According to FitDay.com, I ended up eating 1159 Calories for the entire day. I doubt I could have eaten more had I wanted to. I'm actually a bit confused, but I'm going to keep going and see how it goes.

The good news, though, is after two weeks on the plan, my clothes fit looser; I'm on my last belt notch; people tell me I look better; I have more energy than I have in a long time. My biggest complaint is that I miss Diet Coke, and I'm sure the folks at McDonald's and 7-Eleven are getting concerned about my extended absence.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Mike. I am following this.

    ReplyDelete